30 September 2009

Back in the game

Despite the lack of recent posts here, I have actually been playing more poker lately. Full Tilt offered a "Take 2" bonus this month of which I took advantage. You had to play two or more tables simultaneously and earn at least one FT point between the two tables. You got bonus money at various intervals, up to a total of $50 for 25 days of play. I played PLO exclusively and collected the last of the $50 Monday night.

Aside from the bonus, the PLO was also reasonably profitable. I actually didn't track the money that closely, but I think I must have won at least as much in play as I gained from the bonus. Given my bonus chasing performance over the last few years this was a marked improvement.

Last night I decided to rejoin The Quest by getting back into the DoNTs at Stars. It was only one tournament, but based on a sample size of one, it seems my previous observations about these tournaments getting a lot tighter are still holding true. That's what I get for posting a bunch of lessons on how to play these.

I had some strong hands early and got up a good amount. Later on I got into a coin flip for most of my chips with my TT versus two big cards. My tens held and I could have coasted from there. I didn't, but I could have. I did end up winning. All in all, a nice return to The Quest.

The bankroll is up to $205. Hopefully I'll retain my interest for a while this time.

No comments: