01 December 2006


It seems my reminder of last night's tournaments fell on deaf ears. An amazing three players showed up for CC's Thursday Bash. Surprisingly, the WWdNot almost doubled that number, drawing an impressive five participants. I monied in both, though only because everybody monied in CC's. I took third place in both tournaments. Congrats to Nomad1539 for taking home the WWdNot and to NewinNov for besting DrPauly and me in CC's Thursday Bash.

I don't know if it's blogger tournament overload or just the time of year, but participation has been way down the last few weeks. I think the WWdNot will be going on hiatus until January. Unless I hear lots of screams of protest, the next WWdNot will be held on 4 January 2007.

There was some suggestion last night that the new time of 22:00 EST has screwed some people up. I personally prefer the earlier start time and I'm pretty sure most of the other east coast players do as well. This tournament was originally set up to be more convenient for the west coast players, but participation over the last few months has been dominated by east coasters, so I made the time change to accomodate the majority. I'm open to persuasion on this topic. Leave a comment if you have feelings one way or the other about the start time.

No comments: