29 March 2007

I have a leak

I have a leak in my game and it's costing me dearly. I've identified the source and, sadly, it's something about which I can do absolutely nothing. It's called dumbass donkey luck.

I mentioned previously that Full Tilt thought I was pretty so they gave me a $50 bonus. I'd been trying to work it off playing 6-max NL, but the going was incredibly slow. Last night I broke down and went back to the full ring limit tables.

My FTP bankroll is not huge and it has been moving in the wrong direction for quite some time, so I'm still playing in the shallow end of the pool. Last night was 1/2 limit. Donkeys reign supreme at this level.

If not for hands won by people who had no business even seeing the flop, I'd have had a reasonably successful evening. Instead, the idiots called me down with ridiculous odds and got lucky at the river. Again and again. I cleared as much bonus in a couple hours as I did in the previous week at NL, but I lost four times as much playing as I cleared bonus.

I know this is really nothing new, but I've grown weary of it. And I don't know what to do other than simply stop playing limit.

No comments: