02 April 2007

The Weekend

This weekend I continued trying to clear my free $50 Full Tilt bonus. Like every FTP bonus I've ever chased, it's clear this one will expire long before I get close to clearing it all. I've cleared $20, just about breaking even in the process, so this has been my best FTP bonus chase ever.

I continued pursuing the bonus at the 6-max NL tables. The going was incredibly slow at the $25 buy-in tables, so yesterday I decided to move up to the $50 tables. I had a couple great hands, though my winnings had dwindled by the time the table broke up. I still walked away up $10, so it was a good session. That's five winning NL sessions in a row. And the one right before that would have been a winning session too if not for two bad beats. I'm thinking I've found my niche.

I tried another of the Tier One ticket tournaments that get you entry to a $24+$2 tournament for $8.70. I've done quite well at these. I was doing great last night too -- second place with 3400 in chips and ten players remaining. Then I get dealt AA in the BB. It folds to the SB, who completes, and I raise to 900 (3BB). He calls. With 75o. Pocket aces aside, what kind of nutjob calls off over a quarter of his stack with 75o? The flop comes T76 and he pushes all-in. I'm already looking for tournaments to enter with my new ticket. Adding his 2500 to my 3400 means I can fold my way to a win. Naturally, he catches a 5 on the river. I bust out on the next hand.

The Battle of the Blogger Tournaments starts tonight with MATH, which has allegedly moved to Full Tilt for the duration of the battle. I still haven't decided whether I want to participate in this thing or not. But I'll probably show up if only to delay the decision of longer term commitment.

1 comment:

slb159 said...

Fair enough, Lok...I getcher point. You prolly multitable (I can't play more than 3 tables at a time), so it would be more convenient to jsut be able to slide the bar and quickly land on your intended bet. (Bodog is the WORST at this)

I'm used to typing in my bets since I bet odd amounts on occassion, so I don't really mind it. If you're quirky at the tables like I am, then I'm sure it frustrates you about the big jump in bet size as you slide the bar on FT.

Understood. See you at the tables and best of luck.