16 April 2007

I have nothing to say

But I wouldn't be a blogger if I let a little thing like having nothing to say stop me from posting.

I don't know exactly what's up, but I've kind of lost interest in poker. When I used to work with darval (I'd link to his blog, but he hasn't posted in ages so there's little point) we would talk poker on a daily basis and almost always spend our Sundays playing for nickels and dimes. Even after I was no longer employed at the same place, we'd regularly exchange emails about poker, railbird each other in tournaments, and we still played pretty much every Sunday afternoon and evening. Poker was a huge part of my life.

When I moved to Orlando, I lost the Sundays of poker. Our poker emails grew fewer and further between. I haven't found anyone here who's remotely as interested in poker as I am/was. Darval got sucked into some other online pursuit and pretty much stopped playing. I don't know that I'm following in his footsteps, but the lack of someone to regularly converse with about poker strategy, bad beats, and general poker goings on has resulted in me slowly but steadily losing interest. I'm not even watching poker on TV anymore. The thought of watching another "Poker After Dark" makes me want to throw things at my TV.

I've gone back and forth on the blogger tournament thing. During one stretch that was about all I was playing. Then run-ins with a few donkeys in those made me realize there was little to recommend playing in these tournaments. The competition is generally tougher, but there are still enough donkeys that you can't expect everyone to play in a reasonable and intelligent manner. I figure if I have to put up with the donkeys, I might as well do it where there's lots of dead money.

The combined blogger tournament leader board thing piqued my interest again at least briefly, but this last week I just didn't have it in me to play in any of them. Having missed a number of events I've probably lost any opportunity I may have had to get into a decent position on the leaderboard.

I don't know, maybe I just need a break. But this is the second break in the last couple months. That's not a good sign.

For right now, I'm going to just take each day as it comes. If I feel the urge to play poker, I'll play. If not, so be it.

No comments: