04 September 2007

The Weekend

The Quest took a bit of a hit this weekend. Several down sessions have added up to a mini-slide. Just when I thought it was impossible to lose in the ankle-deep waters of $0.01/$0.02.

In some ways it's tougher way down in the shallows. I never know if my opponent is staying all the way with bottom pair, despite the obvious straights and flushes that are possible, or if he's smart enough to realize the dangers and would never have ventured so far without a premium holding. I lost a buy-in on second nut flush when the other guy had the ace.

There was a bit of that kind of thing mixed with a number of sessions where nothing hit and I did little but blind off until the table broke.

The bankroll now stands at $21.33.

Tonight is the second Bodog Blogger tournament. I've not read any other announcements, so I'm hoping the password is the same as last time. Since I'm freerolling the next several, I intend to be there. Details are in Monday's entry from last week if you're interested. Great overlay, so I encourage you to join in.

No comments: