31 March 2008

Weekend Quest

I continued with The Quest this weekend, playing a couple sessions on both Saturday and Sunday. It must have been lotto night at PokerStars on Sunday because it seemed every table I sat at had some clown pushing all-in with annoying frequency.

Despite the lotto players, I managed to turn a small profit each day. The bankroll has finally achieved a new high. I'm almost halfway to having a moderately underfunded bankroll for $0.01/$0.02. But I'm making progress.

The one thing that bothered me a bit about Sunday's profit is that much of it came at the expense of one of the lotto players. I had played one hand rather stupidly and lost almost half my buy-in. When ATo showed up with the lotto player in the SB, I put in a small raise knowing he'd push all-in. I was right. He had A5. Instant small profit on the night.

It all played out exactly as I had planned, so I suppose there's no shame in it, but it just felt cheap and tawdry. I don't like rolling the dice like that, even if I was fairly sure I had the advantage going in.

I tried playing a SnG Saturday night, but my cable internet went out just as we were about to get seated. It came back up in the middle of level 3. I hadn't been blinded down too bad, but I just couldn't get my head into the game after dealing with the nice internet folks and having to reboot the modem, router, and computer several times. I busted midway through the field of 27.

The graphs have been updated. I'm really liking the clean, simple look of the Google Docs graphs. They work quite well in this setting. My only concern now is how the plot will look when I add a few hundred more sessions.

No comments: