28 July 2008

Taking a break

Without specifically intending to do so, I've taken a break from The Quest and poker in general. We've switched to a four day week at work, which wouldn't be so bad if it was four 8-hour days. You wouldn't think it would make that much difference, but that extra two hours a day really puts a crimp in things during the work week.

By the time I get home, relax a little bit, and grab some dinner, it's often been well past 9:00. I find myself even more sleep-deprived than usual, so I don't feel like doing much other than vegetating on the sofa. Playing any of the blogger tournaments, which I hadn't been doing much of anyway, is completely out of the question due to the late starting time.

And, on top of all this, I've finally started getting into a computer game I got for Christmas last year.

Something had to give and it looks like it was poker. It wasn't planned that way; it just sort of happened. Not that I'm giving it up or anything. With having Fridays off I've given thought to heading over to the Hard Rock to play live. Now that they're spreading $100 buy-in NL it might be worth my while. Haven't actually done it yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll rejoin The Quest again soon. I just need to get used to this new schedule and figure out how to find the time for it.

No comments: