16 October 2008

Another tournament

I fired up PokerStars last night for the first time in ages and checked out their cheap SnGs. The rake at the low end seemed a bit cheaper than Full Tilt, but not by much. Except they had these "Double or Nothing" tournaments that paid the top five double their entry fee. The rake on those was only 10%, but you have to figure they're likely to last only 20 minutes or so.

I got into a $3+0.40. I should have saved the money. Card dead. Card dead. Card dead. AQo was the best I saw. Went out in 5th when somebody caught a runner-runner flush after I pushed all-in with TP on the flop.

On the plus side, I noticed PokerStars is apparently now offering Badugi. That should be loads of fun. I didn't see any Badugi tournaments in the list -- wasn't looking for them -- but I did notice it's listed in the tournament filter.

No comments: