26 September 2006

I used to be good at MATH

My Monday At The Hoy was relatively uneventful. I finished 7th of 22. The only real high(?)light was when Wil caught me making a hammer play and I stupidly decided to call his all-in. It wasn't the dumbest move I've ever made as I was getting better than 4-to-1 on my call and I was only down 2-to-1 against a random hand. Okay, so Wil probably had better than a random hand to push against my raise. But I made the call and Wil turned over TT. The flop brought me a 7, but it also brought a couple 3's, taking away three of the outs the 7 provided. RiverStars let me down, not bringing another 7, and I doubled Wil up with chips I could ill afford to lose at this point.

Looking for any reasonable opportunity to push, I came very close to going with 53o from the SB when it folded to me. After a few seconds reflection I decided instead to fold my powerhouse and greenie523 showed AA. I can dodge bullets, baby!

I subsequently doubled through csquard when my pocket 4's held up against his KQo. But hoyazo's call of my ATo all-in to a Q63-rainbow board turned out to be good when his 54o rivered a straight. And that was my Monday At The Hoy.

No comments: