13 September 2006

WWdN: bdidde Invitational

I played the regular WWdN last night. The past few times I've played it my heart wasn't really in it, but this time I was determined to get my head in the game. So, no side HORSE or Razz games this time. I kept to a pretty tight, conservative game through the first break. Most everyone at the first couple tables I was at were also playing very tight, so I was able to take advantage of that a few times and steal the blinds with crap. I didn't abuse it though. Much.

Then I got moved to a table with KentAllard. Kent was having a very good night. He had a big stack when I moved to the table and took good advantage of it. He was also getting cards. Tough combination to do battle with. I mostly stayed out of his way.

I was happy with my play through the first break. I kept to the game plan, only taking chances when the odds of success seemed especially good. Things didn't exactly fall apart after the break, but they did start to unravel a bit. My cards went cold, the blinds kept rising, as they always do, and my stack started shrinking, as it does far too often. I held on to take 23rd. Nothing to be ashamed of, considering this tournament had 60 of the toughest opponents you're likely to find in any one place online.

Once again I'll toss out a reminder of WWdN: Not The l8bloomer Invitational, this Thursday at PokerStars, 22:30. Password is monkey. Please join us.

No comments: