18 August 2006

WWdN: Not The Biggest Tournament Around

Rather small turnout for the WWdN: Not The last night. Only nine players. We started on two short-handed tables and played that way until the first elimination.

I got lucky early on when my QQ turned a full house against a flopped pair of K's and I sent BlkBeltJones home early.

Then the crappy internet connection in my hotel started acting up and I'm sure I annoyed the hell out of everyone by timing out over and over. I know it's bugged me in the past when there's someone at the table who consistently times out, so my apologies to everyone. I need to either find an apartment or a hotel with better internet service.

I mostly drifted for the next 40-some hands until I stupidly underbet my turned TP and let surflexus draw to his flush. He caught his fifth diamond on the river and took most of my stack.

I continued being mostly card dead and blinded down to almost nothing. I know Harrington says when you get down to the felt you should just push with any two, but when surrounded by vastly larger stacks who won't even feel it if they call your all-in and lose, I prefer waiting for a hand with some kind of a chance. I'm not too demanding; anything better than average will do.

I doubled up through surflexus when my QT rivered a straight, but on the very next hand my AJs went down to slb159's KQo rivered flush. Bubble boy again.

Surflexus was on fire most of the night and went on to win. For the second week in a row TROPHYHUBBY came in second.

Please join us next week -- 30188246 Aug 24 22:30 WWdN: Not The TROPHYHUBBY Invitational -- at PokerStars. The password is monkey.

No comments: