23 October 2007

I'm back, sort of

I've been on kind of a hiatus from poker. No real reason. I guess I just got tired of it. The PokerStars Blogger tournament was about the only poker I've played this month.

Last night, however, I decided to join in the fun with BBTwo. Sadly, the Tier One SnG I played to win my ticket was more eventful for me. I got a rush of very decent cards early in the MATH, but didn't win a whole lot with them. Languished for a long time, got lucky on an all-in, got unlucky on another all-in. Ended up in 50th of 80-some. Just as well. I'm not sure I could have stayed awake long enough to final table, let alone win.

As I said, the Tier One SnG was far more exciting. Early on I did battle with some fool who absolutely fell in love with the 8's up he flopped. Sadly for him, I had a six to go with the pair that came on the flop. I ended up with quads, and he still wouldn't believe his 8's weren't good. I toyed with doing a small value bet, but figured the best way to get him to call was to look as desperate as possible. Pushing all-in on the river did the trick.

In another hand I was once again called a donkey, this time by someone not even in the hand. It folds to me in the SB. I've got A4o, a semi-legitimate hand in this situation. I raise. The BB figures I'm stealing and tries to re-steal. I call. Cards and chips fly. I end up catching an ace on the river. Turns out he had Q7.

Maybe three hands later Mr. I-like-calling-people-donkeys gets into a hand with this same guy. The hand plays out in a similar fashion. The one guy again has Q7 and the donkey-caller turns over A5. I guess the donkiness of the play is dependent on who is involved. Anyway, I found it rather amusing. I did resist the temptation to make comment.

Next up in the BBTwo is The Mookie on Wednesday. Hope to see you there.

No comments: