19 August 2007

The Quest, Day 14

I'm having a small internal conflict on how to number my Quest entries. This is day 14 by the calendar, but I've only played on half those days. I'll figure something out. Maybe I'll just switch to sessions since the graphing program will count those for me automatically.

Today was a good day, at least so far. There's still time to play some more if I'm so inclined.

I've been getting a bit bored with playing just one table. I always seem to find a table with one or two people who aren't paying attention and always take near the full available time on every decision, regardless of how trivial. So today I decided to play two tables.

As tight as I normally play, you'd think there would be few times where I'd be in active hands on both tables, but it happened quite a lot. Maybe I'll get used to it eventually, but right now I can't see how some of these guys can play 8 or 10 tables of NL at once. Limit I can understand, but NL requires so much more refinement. Maybe these are the guys who are always holding up the action on my tables.

I got off to a good start on both tables. Then on the first I was dealt KK. I made a reasonable raise. One caller and one guy who pushes in for about $0.50 more. I called and the other guy called. The flop brought the card I least wanted to see -- an ace. I checked and the other guy still active pushed all-in for $0.65. I knew I was all but dead, but I couldn't bring myself to fold it. Stupid, stupid call. One of them had AQ and the other AK.

Not too much later I got KK again. UTG+1 had raised it to 2BB and there were two callers ahead of me, so I raised to 10BB. All three of them called. The flop came K55. Payday! I checked. Somebody made it $0.32. I called. One other guy called. The turn brought a third heart and I just prayed somebody had two hearts in the hole. Check, check, $0.50, call, call. The river was a blank. At this point I only had $0.34 left in my stack so I pushed it all in. Two callers. I tripled up. The table broke up a few hands later.

At the same time on the other table I was dealt AA. Again somebody makes a stupid min-raise and there are two callers ahead of me. I make it $0.18 to go and get two callers. The flop is 9 high with two clubs. I bet $0.42, one call, one push to $5.28. I was afraid this guy had flopped a set. I'd seen him make this same play once before when he had a set. But I made the call and so did the guy behind me. Turns out the pusher just had TP and the other guy had a flush draw. Neither improved and I took down a $8.47 pot. Pretty juicy for $0.01/$0.02. This table also broke a few hands later so I decided to call an end to the session. Only played for half an hour but it was my best session so far.

The bankroll is now at $25.51.

No comments: