14 August 2007

Quick Quest Update

I moved The Quest to PokerStars tonight because they offer nano-NL. They also don't double the rake for the players in the shallow end of the pool like Full Tilt does. PokerStars takes $0.05 out of each $1 in the pot. Full Tilt takes $0.05 out of every $0.50 in the pot. I realize this is still pretty cheap entertainment, but it doesn't seem entirely right that those at the low end, who can least afford it (unless they're donks like me on some odd quest), pay 10% and those at the high end pay no more than 1%. Okay, that's my rant for the day.

I played $0.01/$0.02 6-max for about half an hour. The max buy-in is $5, but I figured with my $15 bankroll I'd do better buying in for $2.

I learned something surprising and totally unexpected tonight. It turns out the players at $0.01/$0.02 aren't all that good. Who knew? It wasn't the complete donkfest I was expecting. Very few crazy all-in pushes with junk. It was mostly people seriously overplaying their hands -- kind of like me playing limit.

It didn't hurt that I went on a mini-rush when I sat down. AA, KT that flopped trips, and A9 that won pre-flop with a small raise. With that nice 25% bump to the stack I just played it pretty tight from there on. Stole a few obviously orphaned pots, but nothing else all that risky.

Walked away with $2.98. For those keeping score, this brings the bankroll to a giant $16.08. I only wish my complete bankroll was getting that kind of ROI.

No comments: