23 April 2008

Moving sideways

I had wanted to play in the Bodog blogger event last night, but I had some allergy issues earlier in the day and had to take a Benadryl. This is one of only two medications I've ever taken that can knock me out cold. The other is the Tylenol with codeine. One Benadryl will make me rather drowsy, but I can usually get by. Two Benadryls will put me out like a light. I took just one yesterday afternoon. I made it through work, but it caught up with me when I got home. Sprawled on the sofa after dinner and couldn't move for a couple hours.

I finally came back to life about 10:30 and decided to continue The Quest. The intermediate results were pretty good. I had almost doubled my buy-in within 30 minutes, but then I got stupid. Fell into the same trap as always, calling big bets with nothing but top pair. Dumb. The little voice told me not to do it, but did I listen?

I was fortunate to have won early so I could end the session still up a big $0.02. Hopefully this will be the expected backslide and I can continue adding to the bankroll from here.

No comments: