21 April 2008

The Weekend

Played Kat's Donkament Friday night. Been a while since I've done that. I think I may have broken my previous record for rebuys. I'm not sure, I lost count. I do know I got a bit tired of getting it in with the best of it and watching the what-the-hell-were-you-thinking hand suck out again and again. I wasn't always in with the best, but in those cases I generally lost like I should have. Oh well, that's kind of the point. Play like a donkey.

Things started tightening up a bit once some of the stacks got rather sizable. Though a few of us, you know who I mean Buddy, continued to rebuy, and rebuy, and rebuy.

I made it to the final table but was pretty seriously shortstacked and didn't last long. Congrats to whoever won. I didn't stick around to find out who took it down. It was good rubbing elbows with the usual blogger suspects again.

I've been playing a bit more PLO and PLO8 recently. Not like I'm changing focus, but it's nice to shake it up once in a while. And my Omaha game could certainly use the practice. Played at Stars a while on Saturday and did pretty good. Any time I can walk away from an Omaha table with more than double my buy-in, that's a good session. I wish I could say it was my great skill at Omaha that was the deciding factor, but truth be told I simply got some great cards. For a change.

Played a couple short Quest sessions Sunday night. Both turned out reasonably well, up $2.67 on the night. I actually happened to find a couple tables filled with the kind of players you'd expect to find playing $0.01/$0.02. It's surprising to me that doesn't happen more often.

The bankroll has hit a new high of $31.75. If the past is any indication I should shortly be having a couple horrible sessions where I lose multiple buy-ins. Here's hoping I can break with the past.

I've probably mentioned it enough already, but the Google spreadsheet gadgets are very cool. I love that I simply update the spreadsheet and the blog displays are automatically updated with it.

No comments: