24 April 2008

Odd night

Twas an odd night on The Quest. A bit of a roller coaster, thankfully finishing on an up.

Strange behavior from one player who kept popping in and out, pushing when he had nothing, slow playing when he had a big hand. I don't know how many buy-ins he went through. I know I took a couple from him (and sadly gave most of them to someone else).

The table I was at most of the session last night was one that showed little respect for pre-flop raises. Several times I came in UTG with a 3BB raise and the whole table called. And there always seemed to be one guy who refused to believe my pre-flop raise and subsequent bets signified anything important. All the better for me. If it wasn't for once again overplaying TP, and a couple suckouts, it would have been an excellent night.

The cards were very kind. I caught full houses, and was able to capitalize on them, four times. My worst hand was when I ran KK into a slowplayed AA. That was costly. But the boats saved my bacon. Finished the night up almost $1.

The going is obviously slow at this level, but I'm not displeased with the progress. If things keep up as they have the bankroll should be out of the danger zone in a few weeks. I've been giving some thought to trying the waters at the next level, but I'm trying to resist the temptation. Maybe when I make it to 30 buy-ins.

No comments: