12 January 2009

A Quest milestone

As I write this, The Quest bankroll stands at $150.06. That's the 30 buy-ins I need to safely play at $0.02/$0.05 NL. I've been playing at that level for a while, theoretically just getting my toes wet, but now it's official. The Quest is now marching toward the $0.05/$0.10 NL level.

It's always been my intent to use good bankroll management on The Quest. I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with the 30 buy-in bankroll. It was no big deal before. If I lost a few buy-ins I could easily refund or just start over. It's still not really a big deal, but the 30 buy-ins doesn't leave me feeling safe. I'd like to see more like 50 buy-ins in the bankroll.

I'm going to advance the buy-in level before the next move up. I'll start dabbling with $10 buy-in events when I hit 30 buy-ins, with the official move coming at 40 buy-ins. For the level after that I'll advance both points by another 10 buy-ins and will then be at the point I consider fairly safe.

No comments: