15 January 2009

Quest Update

The Quest is moving along quite nicely of late. The Double-Up tournaments have clearly been the shot in the arm that I needed. The bankroll is up 58% since I began playing these tournaments. PokerTracker tells me my ROI in these is 26%. I don't know if that's a good tournament ROI, but I know I'd love to get half that return on my other investments. I'm now 25 for 38.

I got email from what used to be Poker.com and is now PDC Poker reminding me that I still have money there. I loaded up their new software and found they sit $0.02/$0.04 NLHE. No short-handed tables, but at least it's another place I can play with the current bankroll. I played for about an hour and walked away with $1 in profits. Overall impression was that the tables were very soft. Much more like I would expect at this level. The tables at PokerStars are hardly filled with sharks, but there are far more decent players in the shallow end than you would imagine.

PDC Poker also sent me a special reload bonus offer, but the clearance requirements look a bit steep. 300 comp points to clear $1 of bonus. Playing an hour of $0.02/$0.04 I earned a big ZERO comp points. At Poker.com you earned comp points for just sitting there. At the new place I can't even find specifics on how the comp points are awarded. I think I'll pass on their fine reload offer.

The bankroll now stands at $169.41. If I can sustain the current pace the next step up should be less than two months away.

No comments: