12 June 2007

MATH and milestones

Played the MATH last night at Full Tilt. I and several others had the distinct misfortune of being at a table with a big stack commanded by someone who knew how to use it. Then I got transferred to a table where there were two big stacks to my immediate left. I couldn't do anything without one of them coming over the top. Sadly, I was not getting the cards generally required in such a situation. I never really got started, so I spent most of the time watching my stack shrink. I did make the BBT points, but just barely.

I did get to witness what has to be one of the biggest comebacks in history. Zeem at one point was down to just 87 chips -- about 1/30 the stack size of the next smallest stack at the table. He pushes all-in and quintuples up when his K6o caught a 6 on the flop and everyone else completely whiffed. Blinded down just a bit, a few hands later he doubles up to ~700. A few hands after that he doubles up again when he rivers an 8 to beat garthmeister's A high. A while later he doubles again when he rivers a 9 for two pair against Iggy's TPTK. A few hands later he doubles yet again when his AQo flops an A to defeat RecessRampage's KK. From 87 to 7300 in what turned out to be twelve minutes of table time.

The milestone mentioned in the title was actually achieved with my last post, the 100th in this blog. Thank you, thank you. You're really too kind. Monetary recognition of this milestone may be sent to my Party Poker account. Just kidding. I'd never add more money to my Part Poker account. Use my Full Tilt account.

No WWdN tonight. I've heard rumors of a replacement donkament if you're so inclined. The next BBT event is The Mookie on Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make this one. Real life may get in the way.

No comments: