10 November 2006

(Bubble Boy)**2

I played both the WWdNot the Hoyazo Invitational and CC's Thursday Bash last night and managed to bubble in both of them. I also learned an important lesson about my poker limits -- I can't effectively play two final tables at the same time. I especially can't play two final tables and chat at the same time.

Notable hands for me in CC's Thursday Bash included an early hand where I semi-slowplayed JJ against Iakaris. The betting on the rainbow 553 flop went back and forth until we were both all-in. Iak showed 77. My jacks held and Iak was gone.

I also got very lucky against host CC when I got it all in with JT on a QJ6 flop and CC turned over QT. The turn and river brought 8 and 9, giving us both the same straight and I lived to donk another day.

I was down to the veritable chip and a chair, having less than a big blind plus ante, and managed to hang on for quite a while longer. As CC said, "Loki is like night of the living dead." I eventually built my 212 to a much healthier 4500 and was able to pick up the consolation bubble boy prize when CC rivered a straight against Kat's trip tens and I folded my way into fourth.

In the WWdNot I took a fairly early lead when Speck'sBacon pushed all-in on a 543, two clubs, flop against my A5 suited in clubs. I figured I had TPTK and four to the nut flush, so I made the call. I filled the flush on the turn and that was that.

I was able to use my stack to pick up a number of smaller pots, but HighOnPokr somehow tripled up his original stack and then moved to my table, becoming the new sheriff, a position he knows how to play well. When the second WWdNot table collapsed, I had Jordan two seats to my right on both final tables. I guess it's marginally better than having him on my left, but having him anywhere in the vicinity has generally spelled disaster to my game.

And, in keeping with tradition, Jordan was the one who sent me down the road to ruin. With top pair jacks and a king kicker I thought I was looking pretty good, but the turn brought a third diamond and a strong straight possibility so I gave it up to Jordan's big bet. It was all downhill from there for me.

Congrats to Jordan on the win, CawtBluffin on the place, and S.t.B on the show.

Please join us next week for the WWdNot the CawtBluffin Invitational, PokerStars, 16 Nov, 22:00 EST. Password is monkey.

The WPBT visits the ass-end of the HORSE, stud hi/lo, this Sunday, 21:00 EST, at PokerStars. Password is wpbt72. Poker bloggers only for this one.

I'm also considering another visit to the Hard Rock in Tampa. I figure if I keep saying that I may actually guilt myself into carrying through one of these days. OTOH, there are lots of qualifiers for the FTOPS events this weekend. I wonder if they can outfit Frankenstein's monster in the special gold jersey?

No comments: