12 November 2006

Saturday at Full Tilt

I just finished the best limit hold'em session I've had in many months. I don't know if it's the escapees from Party or if there were just lots of drunks on Saturday night, but it was like days of old when the tables regularly had VP$IPs of 35% or more. I felt a bit like a kid in a candy store.

On one table there was a woman -- she was using a female avatar, so I'll make the dangerous assumption -- who I dubbed 'The ATM'. Not a clue how to read the board or figure if the hand she'd made was worth playing. She was a real delight. I don't like playing shorthanded limit. Don't know why, but I've just never quite gotten the hang of it and I get my ass kicked every time I try. I love 6-max NL, but with limit I need a full table. But I stuck around and played 4-handed, even 3-handed for a while, because this woman was still at the table and still had money to give away. I haven't seen anything like it in a very long time. Thankfully, I got a very healthy share of what she had to give away.

Then there was the player who aptly chose the donkey as his avatar. VP$IP over 50%. I have to give him some credit, though, he did have a pretty good grasp of how to apply aggression. At one point when we got shorthanded he was raising every single hand. It worked for quite a while. I knew what he was doing, but I wasn't getting cards that allowed me to do anything about it. Fortunately, that aspect changed. After sending a couple big pots my way, he backed way off on the aggression, at least when I was in the hand.

So, I actually had fun playing limit for the first time in ages. I sure hope the tables stay like this for a while. After tonight I'm back in the black for the first time at Full Tilt.

Full Tilt has apparently started individual bonus promotions. At least this is the first time I've seen one. They offered me $100 for getting 700 player points by December 1st. Since it clears at the same time as my reload bonus, it seems a no-brainer. Nothing to lose, $100 to gain. If you have a Full Tilt account, open the cashier and click on the My Promotions button on the lower right. You might have a little present waiting for you.

No comments: