22 November 2006

WWdN

The internet access in the hotel was working for a change last night so I got to play the WWdN. I got off to a great start, taking a decent pot from Iggy in the very first hand when his aggressive raise with KJo ran into my AQs and neither of us improved.

Then I seriously overplayed A8o in an attempt to steal the blinds from the button and ended up losing most of my stack. We were only at level 2 and I was down to just 465.

But I didn't give up. My comeback started when I doubled up with K9o against Mean G's pocket 7's. Some would call it a suckout, but I figure I just got lucky on a coin toss. No shame in that.

My comeback was complete when caspernene's hammer play ran into Shizumaru's 88 and my AA. I just called caspernene's raise, hoping to entice someone to make a move at the pot. Shizumaru apparently thought his 8's were good enough to make the move. Neither of us improved and I scooped a 2210 pot. It didn't put me in the lead or anything, but at least I was out of serious danger.

I was all set to almost double up again with my KK vs wigginx's 99 when he brutally sucked out a runner-runner flush and took two thirds of my stack. This left me with a M under 4. A second comeback was not to be.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my play. I clearly made a mistake trying to steal that early pot, but I was patient and worked my way back into contention. If the runner-runner flush suckout had gone the other way I would have been in great shape to finish in the money.

Tonight is The Mookie at Full Tilt. There will be a WWdNot on Thursday. If you're turkey'd out and looking for a little relief from the in-laws, please join us for WWdNot the Nomad1539 Invitational at PokerStars, 22:00 EST, password monkey.

No comments: