07 November 2006

Weekend and more

This past weekend I had every intention of going back to the Hard Rock in Tampa to try out the newly-smoke-free poker room, but life intervened. There are two things I really hate about living in a hotel. The crappy internet service I've discussed ad nauseum already. The other major drawback is having to schlep the laundry downstairs and pray there's a machine available. There have to be close to one hundred rooms in this Extended Stay hotel, and they have just four washing machines. Three times this week I tried to do laundry, only to find all the machines in use.

By Saturday I was down to the very last of the clean clothes. So, when the opportunity arose for a home-cooked meal combined with doing laundry someplace that wasn't a public facility, the Hard Rock took a back seat. My sister-in-law made a lovely lunch, I did three loads of laundry, and then I virtually used some of my FT $25k winnings to buy ice cream for everyone at Cold Stone.

On Sunday I just wasn't in the mood to drive for a couple hours so I played lots of poker online instead. I continued my run on the Tier One tournament ticket tables at Full Tilt. I swear, you win one or two good hands in these things and you can practically coast into the money.

I'm still trying to decide if I prefer the $8 turbos or the $6 regular ones. For a patient player like me, the $6 ones should work better since there's less of a rush to make a move, but I found myself wondering when the damn thing was going to get over with on the last one I played. The turbos move at a very swift pace, usually taking well under an hour.

Last night, Monday, I actually got involved in another pasttime and didn't play any poker at all. I had intended to do Mondays At The Hoy, but I lost track of time on this other project and before I knew it The Hoy was well under way.

Tonight is the WWdN, PokerStars, 20:30 EST, password monkey.

No comments: