14 November 2006

Uh, nevermind

What I said in my last post about there possibly being something positive to learn from Mr. I've-got-two-cards-so-I'm-in's play, forget I even mentioned it. I went hunting for him last night and found him on a 6-max table. As I mentioned, 6-max limit and I don't play well together, but I did watch as he burned through over $250 in under 30 minutes at a 2/4 limit table. I've had the odd bad run where I've walked away down that much or more, but never on a single table and never in that short a time. 60BB in 30 minutes. That's 2BB per minute. My cat, if I had a cat, could play better than that.

Sadly, my performance at Full Tilt last night, while not nearly as disastrous as his, was not good. I made a few really good plays, even outright stole a few pots, but luck was not with me.

I'm up to 80% on the special bonus, which Full Tilt finally emailed me about, and have cleared $120 of my last reload bonus. I really hate leaving bonus on the table, but short of 4-tabling 5/10 eight hours a day for the next three weeks, there's no way I'm going to clear it all.

Even more encouraging is that combining my initial first deposit bonus chase, this bonus chase, and more than a few hours of non-bonus play in between, I've earned almost enough player points to buy a Full Tilt baseball cap. All those hours of play and I can now almost afford to walk around advertising their business. Such a deal.

I played the Monday's At The Hoy last night. It's probably best that I not say a whole lot about the experience because, assuming anyone other than me is reading this, there might be some hurt feelings. Let's just say much of the play I observed was quite donkerific and leave it at that.

Tonight is the WWdN, PokerStars, 20:30 EST, password monkey.

No comments: