03 November 2006

WWdNot the Guinness Invitational

We had a lackluster turnout for the WWdNot last night. With hoyazo's late registration we made it all the way to 12. Perhaps the new starting time along with the change to standard time threw people off. We can only hope.

Congratulations to xkm1245 on a fine tournament and on particularly strong heads-up play against a very tough opponent. xkm1245 and hoyazo slugged it out, toe-to-toe.

I bubbled when I accidently pressed the raise button holding J9o. I was stupidly doing something else and just about to click on another application when it came my turn to act and the "Raise" button popped up right under my cursor. (I got tired of the single-click protection and turned it off. Idiot.) Hoyazo came out with a big bet on the flop. There was a chance my second pair was ahead, but I also thought I could capitalize on my accidental hoy-trademarked min-raise indicating a big pocket pair. I guess hoy remembered the last time I bluffed with that. He called, showing top pair, and I was toast.

Please join us next week in WWdNot the Hoyazo Invitational, PokerStars, 11/9/06, 22:00 EST. Password is monkey.

No comments: