25 October 2006

Another less than thrilling WWdN

Less than thrilling for me. Wyscan and HighOnPokr looked to be having pretty good nights.

I didn't get a whole lot in the way of cards and mostly stole my way to a reasonably healthy stack. I was never close to the chip lead, but neither was I dangerously close to busting out until my semi-steal attempt with ATo ran into PugMaggie's pocket nines. She was getting short-stacked and decided to make her stand, pushing all-in against my 3BB raise. I pondered for quite a while and finally made the call. It was the right decision -- me just a slight dog and getting 2-to-1 on the call -- it just had an unfortunate outcome for me. I hung on for quite a few hands after that, but never really recovered.

I need to find a way to never sit at the same table with HighOnPokr. I swear he can see my cards. We're in the blinds. It folds to Jordan. He completes and I'm happy to check my Brunson. Flop comes 22T. Birds are singing in my head. Check, check. Turn is a K. Jordan checks, I very coyly check also. River brings a 8. Jordan checks yet again. I bet 200 -- pot-sized, but we're at the river with no action so far. Jordan folds. Best flop I've had in ages, and I win 1BB.

Several other times we're in similar situations -- it folds to the blinds, Jordan completes, I check. He checks the flop, I bet my crap hoping to steal and he comes over the top. Or it goes the other way. I catch something on the flop, bet it exactly as I would if I were stealing, and he folds. It's uncanny. And it wasn't just last night. It seems to happen every time we're at a table together. I'm telling you, he can see my cards.

My internet connection from the hotel has been uncharacteristically good of late so I'll probably play The Mookie tonight at Full Tilt. I played some $2/$4 limit there last night before the WWdN trying to clear some more of that big bonus. If I can learn to listen to that little voice in my head I could actually be pretty good at that game. But, alas, I often feel the need to verify whether the voice is correct, and it usually costs me dearly. At the rate I'm going, I'll be out of FT bankroll long before I'm out of bonus. But at least my connection was good.

Speaking of the hotel, I've found another reason to move aside from the often unreliable internet service. Whoever is staying in the room one floor up from mine has regularly chosen 1:00 AM as the time to begin training his dancing elephants. Actually, elephants would probably be quieter.

1 comment:

Joanada said...

Jordan CAN see your cards. In fact, he can see all of our cards. How do you think he keeps winning these damn things?