13 October 2006

Not monied again!

Right off the bat, before I get into anything about the tournament, I want to send a big "Thanks for nothing" to GuestTek, Inc. at globalsuite.net for providing one of the worst internet connections I've ever used. I'm still living in a hotel here in Orlando and, as such, am subject to the often crappy internet service provided by GuestTek and the hotel here. To paraphrase Joanne, it not only sucks, it swallows. The crappy internet connection, more than any single other thing, is going to force me to find more permanent housing here so I can get real internet access.

I also have to apologize to everyone who was sitting at my table. As frustrating as I'm sure it was watching me time out again and again, I assure you it was even more frustrating at this end.

Enough of that; on to the tournament. Pretty good turnout again tonight. With the last second arrival of Hoyazo, we had 21 tonight. Too bad you couldn't stick around longer, Hoy. ;-) Darval is still without internet at home so I had to take care of all the hosting duties. Tiring work, that.

I was going to add descriptions of a few hands, but it's very late here and I'm getting tired. So I'll just say there were some good hands, there were some bad hands, chips got exchanged, players were eliminated, I went home $52 richer, and, most importantly, I finally get to name the tournament after myself. I may post more tomorrow (actually later today), but that's it for now. Congrats to hacker59 on a fine tournament.

And, just once more, let me say how painfully awful the GuestTek internet services are. Extended Stay Deluxe, listen up. I'm going to be leaving your hotel simply because of the freaking awful internet access. Even at $4.99 per stay, it's a rip-off.

No comments: