26 October 2006

My Mookie

Played The Mookie at Full Tilt last night. Despite an extended campaign to get the turnout up to at least 80, the attendance fell well short of that goal. I think we can expect Al to keep up with the disgusting pictures until more folks show up.

I was doing okay until I fell in love with my flopped TPTK and ran headlong into wwonka69's set of sixes. I doubled him up and knocked my stack in half. I hung on for quite a while longer, but never recovered from that. In fact, I didn't win another hand.

Played $2/$4 limit Hold'em for about an hour while waiting for The Mookie. Actually came out ahead for the first time in recent memory.

Also played a $8+$0.70 turbo Tier One Tournamet Ticket Tournament. That just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Was effectively card dead. Won just three hands the whole tournament. I did go out in a blaze of glory though. Stone cold bluff on the flop against another shortie. Unfortunately, he'd caught a big enough piece of the flop to make the call.

Tonight is WWdN: Not The Surflexus Invitational at PokerStars, 22:30 ET. Password is monkey. This tournament was originally set up to appeal to the west coast players who find the Tuesday WWdN start time of 20:30 ET a bit early. Over the last few weeks I've noticed a vast majority of the players have listed locations in the Eastern and Central time zones. Since we seem to have missed the mark as far as appealing to the west coast folks, I'm thinking about bumping the time up to 22:00 ET. Any feedback on this will be welcome.

No comments: