12 October 2006

My Kowboys got Ironed

Played The Mookie at Full Tilt last night. I was actually doing okay, mostly due to one hand where my semi-bluff with a flush draw was apparently the best hand and PercentileDoom folded to my all-in. At least he said my flush draw was the best hand. I probably shouldn't admit that he read me cold, but he did.

Then came this hand. I was thrilled to see smizmiatch raise it pre-flop and then irongirl01 come over the top. With over 750 in the pot already and this still being fairly early in the tournament, I figured a big move here was warranted. There was a good chance I would take it down right now, and if I got a caller I was still in great shape. Or so I thought. I push, irongirl01 calls, and I'm suddenly way behind. The cavalry did not charge over the hill to rescue my kowboys and I moved from being in great shape to being in a bad place. I lasted a while longer, but this was the fatal blow. Ended up finishing 34th of 58.

I had earlier in the day taken advantage of the Full Tilt 50% reload bonus, so as long as I was there I decided to play a bit of limit to work off some of the bonus. Full table limit has gotten so tight it's almost not worth the trouble. The $2/$4 and $3/$6 tables at Full Tilt all had percent seeing flop in the low 20's. Not to mention all having waiting lists. I ended up playing three tables of $1/$2. Caught some good hands early and was up a fair amount, but lost most of it back and ended the night roughly even.

Between early evening play, the Mookie, and the following limit play, I cleared $12 of bonus, which is way more than I've ever cleared in a single evening at Full Tilt before. Sad statement about bonuses at Full Tilt there. Last month I cleared $90 of bonus at William Hill in less time.

If you've cashed out of some other sites like I have, you might want to move some to Full Tilt to get in on the bonus. Full Tilt has said they're staying in the US market and, slow bonus clearance rate or not, I think they deserve the support of the poker community for taking a stand. They will be seeing more of my business than they have in the past.

Tonight is WWdN: Not The Ursus Aureus Invitational, PokerStars, 22:30 EDT. Password is monkey. Please join us.

1 comment:

mookie99 said...

Thanks for making it out to The Mookie last night.