27 October 2006

WWdNot


It seems Joanne's prediction concerning last night's WWdNot was right on the money. Despite Iggy quite effectively playing big stack poker during much of the final table, Joanne, helped just a bit by quad aces, was able to take the lead and become the final table bully. And she filled that role admirably.

I managed to fold my way into the money when Ursus Aureus moved all-in, followed by xkm1245 raising all-in, followed by Joanne calling. I was tempted to call as well, being down to an M of 8 and AQo being the best starters I'd seen in ages, but I very wisely decided my hand wasn't good enough to go up against two all-ins and a call. Ursus Aureus turned over Q9s, xkm1245 showed QQ, and Joanne revealed the incredibly powerful A9s. Joanne turned her flush, Ursus Aureus and xkm1245 went home, and I backed my way into the money.

One other hand clearly worth noting involved Ursus Aureus and wwonka. There was a bit of posturing before the flop and wwonka got it all in on a flop of Qh Ts Th. Wwonka shows QQ, giving him queens full of tens, and Ursus Aureus shows Ah Kh, giving him, well, nothing. The turn brought a worthless flush for the golden bear, but, the river... ah, the river. The river brought the money card. The one card in the deck that could help -- the jack of hearts. Royal flush the hard way. Ursus Aureus' royal cherry. Talk about your bad beats. Great hands.

It was decided by acclamation at the final table (okay, I brought it up and no one complained) to move the start time of the WWdNot up 30 minutes, to 22:00 ET. So be sure to join us next week at our new time in the WWdNot the Guinness Invitational. PokerStars, 22:00 ET, password is monkey. Note also how I've very cleverly run the "Not" into the "WWdN" to form "WWdNot". Credit to Joanne for referring to this as the "dot not", which gave me the idea.

No comments: