06 October 2006

WWdN: Not The Budohorseman Invitational


Great turnout for the WWdN: Not The last night. Twenty-three participants. Not quite up to the standards of the Tuesday WWdN or The Mookie, but we're building momentum. Thanks to everyone who played.

I finally monied. I've been setting this thing up for months now and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've done anything but contribute. My cards were absolutely on fire. I don't recall any single tournament I've played where I've gotten so many premium hands. I recall looking at the tournament lobby, seeing that we had one minute left in the first level, and thinking, "I've played more hands already than I usually play in an entire tournament."

Getting off to a good start let me be the one applying pressure on others for a change. I love being in that position. It's so much more fun and so much more profitable than being on the business end of the pressure.

There were a number of interesting hands. If I get more time later I may post on some of them in more detail.

Anyway, congratulations to Budohorseman. His prediction of WWdN: Not The Budohorseman 2 Invitational failed to come to fruition due to his victory. Second and first in consecutive weeks. Not bad at all. And a fine showing from Ursus Aureus, who I believe joined us for the first time last night.

Please plan on joining us next week in the WWdN: Not The Ursus Aureus Invitational. Same bat-time, same bat-channel.

No comments: