05 June 2008

Big night on The Quest

Tonight was the best night yet for The Quest. Early in the evening I two-tabled for about half an hour, finishing up $1.49.

After dinner I fired up three tables. That got a bit hectic. With that experience, I seriously doubt there's any way anyone could expect to play a dozen or more tables without knowing you'll be delaying action on more than a few of them on pretty much every hand. IOW, I was right on the money referring to these clowns as Massively Multi-tabling Inconsiderate Asshats.

Anyway, I took a very small loss on one of the tables and very nice profits on the other two. Most of the winnings came from two hands. The first was when somebody apparently just couldn't believe I had his queens beat, despite a pre-flop raise and a large flop re-raise. On a turn card that helped no one, he pushed in what he had left, about half the pot. The way the cards had fallen I found it very hard to believe he'd gotten any help from the board, so I called. My aces held and I made a nice $2.13 profit on the hand.

The other big hand was a three-way all-in in which my AKs prevailed over A4o and KQo for a $3.68 profit.

After that little run I decided to bank my profits and call it a night, up $9.49. A few more nights like this and I'll be flirting with the big action at $0.02/$0.05!

No comments: