09 June 2008

The Quest takes a small stumble

Friday night I donked it up in Kat's Donkament rebuy on Full Tilt. I think I only rebought twice, though I was doing doubles, so with the add-on I was in for $7+$1. I should write these up sooner as the details are already quite foggy. Oh, hey, whaddaya know, there's a tournament summary file here on my hard drive. It seems I bubbled. How did that happen?

Saturday I again played in Dr. Pauly's PLO tourney at Stars. I don't recall too many of the specifics, but I do recall I bubbled in that as well.

The Questing on Saturday was fairly successful, finishing the day up $4.09. Sunday, however, The Quest took a stumble. It felt a lot worse than it actually was, being one of those days when absolutely nothing went right. I got precious few solid starters and the few I got almost always missed. It was one of those nights when toward the end you just know the inside straight your opponent has been drawing for is going to hit on the river, despite the fact that you've been betting the whole way to deny him odds by a wide margin. It was a night of many "Sklansky wins" since my opponents made mistake after mistake, and still my chips ended up in front of them instead of theirs in front of me. Variance is a bitch. I finished the day down $4.45. I suppose it seems worse since I've been having so many good days of late.

I also noticed, thanks to PokerTracker, that several of the tables I was playing turned into tables that would have seemed tight at $2/$4 limit full ring bonus clearing tables let alone at 6-max $0.01/$0.02 NL. I don't think shopping for better tables would have helped on Sunday, but I may have to start paying a bit more attention to that. When I'm the "loose" player at the table, there's something seriously wrong.

No comments: