02 June 2008

Lost Weekend

No, I'm not referring to the TV show. I've never seen it and have no interest in it.

I usually try to recap my weekend play on Monday. As I was going over in my head the poker happenings of the last three days I realized most of it has faded away. I recall playing Kat's Friday night Donkament, and vaguely recall not rebuying 32 times like usual, but I have almost no recollection of the tournament at all. According to the tournament summary I found somewhere on my hard drive, I finished in 7th. I'll have to take the summary's word for it because I'm drawing a complete blank.

I do recall about seven hands from Dr. Pauly's PLO tournament on Saturday. Well, I recall two of the seven hands. In the first I tangled with Pauly. Don't recall what I had. Something worth playing but that missed the flop. I got the impression he was trying to either double up early or bust so I hung on longer than I should have and ended up donking off a third of my stack. In the first hand. Six hands later I get it all in with my AAxx vs AKKx vs QQxx. Flop brings a K and I go home far from repeating last week's performance.

Having exited the PLO tournament so early I signed up for one of the WSOP freerolls Stars is running every hour. This was the first time I found one that started less than 45 minutes from now and that still had seats available. All I remember about this one was getting it all in with JJ vs AK vs AQ. Flop is KQJ, making me 80% to win. Turn is a blank, making me better than 90% to win. Naturally, the river is a T, giving each of the other two Broadway and they split my stack. I know I played it right, but that just doesn't seem to make up for the huge sucking sound that came at the river.

While waiting for Pauly's PLO tournament I joined The Quest for a bit. Suckout city. I guess I've been fortunate of late to have avoided a long string of bad beats, but that's what I hit on Saturday.

I briefly considered going back to The Quest after my tournament losses, but I knew I was on the verge of megatilt, so I fixed some dinner and watched TV instead. I was still feeling a bit tiltish on Sunday so I didn't play at all.

So it's been a slow week for The Quest. I have been two-tabling of late, not that it has obviously improved my win rate. On Saturday it just increased the loss. But even two-tabling I didn't spend many hours Questing this week.

I've been reading some things that make me think my bankroll management plan for the lowest levels may be overly conservative. Rather than sticking with the plan of having 50 buy-ins before moving up, I may cut back to 25 or 30. When I hit $25 buy-ins I'll probably want 50 of those in the bankroll, but at $5 and under I think I can probably sneak by with less.

No comments: