12 June 2008

Decent, short night

I've been feeling under the weather this week and haven't played much. Monday I was still stinging from the weekend and decided it was best to take some time off. Tuesday I was really dragging. I slept my way through an evening of partially watched TV on the sofa. I think I started to watch three different shows and have no idea how any of them turned out.

Wednesday I got home a bit earlier than usual and sat down to play before dinner. I hit a quick double up and decided to bank my winnings and go get some food. My intention was to play a bit later on, but that never happened.

The double up hand was rather interesting. I get pocket sixes. The BB and I see the flop of 699. Chips coming my way, I can just feel it. The BB puts in a normal sized bet and I call. The turn is another 9. Great. My flopped boat can now be counterfeited and I can be drawing totally dead if he's got the case 9. Again the BB bets an amount that's not all that scary and I call. As if things weren't already interesting enough, the river brings the last 6, giving me quads. The BB pushes all-in. As I push the "call" button I'm wishing Stars had a bad beat jackpot. The way my luck has been running it's almost a sure thing the BB has quad nines. But, no! He turns over AQo and I scoop a nice pot.

If I'm really back to my winning ways I should be ready to move up fairly soon. Only time will tell if the bad run is over.

No comments: