18 June 2008

Mid-week update

The Quest proceeds on schedule, or maybe a bit ahead. Two or three more average nights and I should hit the 20 buy-ins I want before flirting with $0.02/$0.05.

I was tempted to jump the gun and have a go at it last night. When I checked the available tables I noticed the "see the flop" percents still looked juicy, but considerably less so that at $0.01/$0.02. Big shock, eh? It's not at all unusual to find a few tables at $0.01/$0.02 in the 60%-70% range. At $0.02/$0.05 the best I saw was 50%. I decided to stick with the plan and stayed with $0.01/$0.02.

On one table I doubled my buy-in, mostly due to players who couldn't let go of top-pair, no kicker. On the other table I mostly took smaller pots and slowly added to my stack. Both tables got off to a decent start, which I find much more comfortable than losing early and having to fight my way back to even.

Monday night was another slightly better than average night. I finished the evening up just shy of $3. Two more nights like the last two and I'm moving out of the shallowest part of the pool. Get the life preservers ready.

No comments: