30 June 2008

I've fallen and I can't get up

The Quest did not go well this weekend. I've been on a horrible dry spell as far as cards go. It's been a near endless stream of unplayable junk. If I get something marginally playable, either someone will raise and force me to fold before the flop or the flop will miss me completely. On the very rare occasion I get a real hand, it's almost certain it will be the only time in an hour that everyone will fold. On the even rarer times when I hit the flop, it seems some clown, against all odds and any kind of reasonable logic, will call to the river and suck out.

I haven't even tallied the damage yet. I was too depressed and pissed off when I finished my last session. If I stick with the bankroll management plan, I'm definitely back to $0.01/$0.02. Given the way things have been going, that may not be such a bad thing. At least the damage will be less.

Blowing off some steam seemed like a good idea after that session, so I found a really cheap tournament and was going to push all-in on every hand. It's a rather silly thing to do and is not exactly fair to the other participants, who may actually be taking this $1 tournament seriously, but I felt like doing it anyway. But I couldn't. First hand I get 32o. Next hand was something equally as bad. I finally compromised in pushing on any hand where it seemed to actually make some sense. If I would ordinarily make a big raise, I pushed. It worked, for a while.

This was an super-turbo with 3 minute levels. You'd think in a tournament like that the players would pay some attention and take their actions quickly. You, however, would be completely wrong if you thought such a foolish thing.

Anyway, despite the far more frequent pushing all-in, the blinds still caught up very fast and I busted in 5th or 6th. Even worse, the therapy value was very minimal.

I played in Dr. Pauly's PLO tournament on Saturday. Despite the continuation of mostly horrible cards, I somehow managed to hang on to finish 7th. And, no, we didn't start with 7 runners.

Friday was a down night, spent camped in front of the TV.

I'm torn between dropping back a level and hitting it hard, and taking a break for a while. Perhaps I'll just see what kind of mood I'm in tonight.

No comments: