23 May 2008

I'm in the yellow!

Got off work early today. Made a quick stop at Costco on the way home. Barely broke $100. It's a sad day when I can't hit at least $200 at Costco without really trying. It's their own fault though. They stopped carrying this fantastic frozen tortellini I used to buy all the time. And all the grapes were moldy. Not that I'd have bought $100 worth of tortellini, but between the disappointment of no tortellini and the moldy grapes, I just headed to the checkout with what I already had.

Donked out of a cheap tourney at Stars. I was on semi-tilt after a ridiculous suckout and pushed with my top pair even though I was about 85% sure the other guy had a set. He did.

With that as prelude, I rejoined The Quest. Very first hand I flop an OESD and K-high flush draw. Somebody was betting the whole way, but they weren't betting enough and everybody kept coming along for the ride. Priced me in all the way to the river where I caught my flush. I stick in a mediocre bet and one guy min-raises me. I came very close to folding, assuming he had the ace, but I made the call. His flush was smaller than mine and I got a great start with a $1.39 pot.

Very next hand I again luck into a decent flop and eventually took down a $0.56 pot. Two hands and I've almost doubled my buy-in. Very nice.

Maybe a dozen hands later somebody tried to represent a flush against my top two pair. Again I figured there was a good chance I was beat, but there must have been something about the way the guy was betting that made me suspicious. He had total air and I took a $2.14 pot.

Another long wait and many false starts later, I rivered trips to take a $1.81 pot. The guy had me until the river, but his weak bet on the turn allowed me to stick around to take it from him.

Usually I take a lot of small pots in these games, but today there weren't many small pots. I won just the four hands described here, but they gave me a $2.46 profit for the session, pushing the bankroll over the 30 buy-in mark.

I've dabbled with multi-tabling over the last few nights. Turned a profit each time and had no trouble at all keeping up with the action, but it is harder trying to get a read on people when your attention is split between even two tables. I will probably continue to dabble with it until I'm ready to move up.

I emailed Bodog about the tiny font they're using. Their response was that I should reduce my screen resolution so everything would look bigger. Gee, why didn't I think of lowering my resolution so everything on the screen could look like crap? Oh, maybe because I knew it would look like crap? I know their support has to deal with hundreds of issues every day, but this is their response to a complaint that I can't read the screen? Reduce the resolution so everything is really blurry? Yeah, that's going to be a big help.

I think what bothered me most was that I had to respond and suggest their solution was somewhat less than satisfactory and ask that they pass my complaint up the line. I guess I wouldn't be quite as concerned if I hadn't complained about this exact issue two years ago. They clearly either don't get it or don't care. Anybody up for an age discrimination charge against Bodog?

No comments: