12 May 2008

Weekly Quest Update

Two sessions in The Quest tonight, combined for a $2.53 gain. That recovers the last from the three bad nights this week and bringing the bankroll to a new high of $49.62. The upward trajectory has slowed a bit, but at least it's still moving upward.

Made a couple nice plays tonight, including an all-in where my top kicker was the deciding factor. I'm still letting some pots get away to what's either atrociously bad play or some wickedly good play. I'm leaning toward the former, especially when there's an all-in followed by a call, neither of them having better than second pair, my top pair taking the pot if I hadn't folded. No worries, though. As I've said here many times, my track record with calling all-ins without spectacular holdings are very poor. I'll stick with the small ball and let the lotto players fight among themselves. Unless I'm really, really sure I'm ahead.

No comments: