05 May 2008

Slow Sunday

Did a bit of Questing Sunday afternoon. I don't know what it is about weekends, or maybe it's just bad luck of the draw, but I ran into more consistently slow players than I've seen since my Days at the monthly William Hill stall-a-thon. At least in the case of William Hill there was some logic to the slow play since many of the players were being paid by the hour. The fewer hands they played, the less money they risked, hence the slow play. At Stars it's far more likely to be either people playing more tables than they can really handle or people simply not paying attention. Either way, it's inconsiderate and rude. You may quote me on that.

Some of the play in the shallow end is still rather baffling to me. It's probably not worth a great deal of thought because I'm fairly certain there's little thought, or at least little right thinking, that goes into it. But I still can't help trying to find some logic in the play. Like putting in a min-raise with 85o from EP. What possible logic can there be in that play?

Oh well, looking for logical or decent play at this level is as pointless as complaining about the play. Don't mind me, I'm just venting. I don't want to do it at the table and scare anyone into doing something drastic like reading a poker book or anything like that, so I do it here instead. Aren't you lucky.

So The Quest finished the afternoon up $0.91, bringing the bankroll over $45 for the first time. I had intended to play again in the evening, but I ended up watching a couple movies instead. Recently I'd seen a couple references to Office Space that got me interested in watching it again. Actually, I'm not sure I'd ever seen it start to finish. Too much rap, too little Jennifer Aniston. Still pretty funny.

No comments: