20 May 2008

Quest Graphs

Here are slightly larger versions of the graphs detailing progress on The Quest.



This first one shows progress toward advancing to the next level with a safe bankroll. I've defined "safe" as 50 buy-ins of 100 times the big blind. I've arbitrarily defined 30 buy-ins as the dividing line between the red and yellow zones. Since there's nothing below the $0.01/$0.02 level at which I'm currently playing I just have to leave the bankroll at risk even though I'm in the red zone. If I ever get to the point where I move up a level, the red zone will indicate when it's time to drop back a level and do some recovery. When I hit the green I'll be properly funded for the current level. When the speedometer pins out, it's time to move up.



This graph shows bankroll progress on a weekly time frame. The time scale isn't continuous because I left out the weeks I was inactive. This is a decent way to display results because it smooths out some of the daily fluctuations that are bound to occur.



Finally, this is the graph of the raw session data. When I first started I actually did record it session by session. Lately I've been making daily entries, combining the results of multiple sessions on that day. Doing it on a true session basis seemed like the data would rather quickly become unwieldy. The Google Docs spreadsheet is pretty good, but I'm not sure I want to be sending thousands of lines of data back and forth every time I join The Quest, so some small amount of summarization seemed reasonable.

No comments: