01 May 2008

Oops, I did it again

Wee bit of a set back in The Quest last night. Or, as they'd say on Wall Street, an anticipated correction to the irrational exuberance exhibited by the markets recently.

Once again, I stupidly called an all-in and wiped out a buy in plus a small profit. At least this time I was holding something better than TP. When will I ever learn?

I reloaded and fought my way back, making up some of the loss. I'm thinking right now that I miscalculated last night when I filled in the spreadsheet -- the loss should be greater -- but I'll have to check the hand history to be sure.

I'm not too upset. It was a good run, but I knew I couldn't go on with winning nights forever. Hopefully this is just the aforementioned anticipated correction and things will carry on as before now that this is over.

Edit: Turns out I was both right and wrong about last night's loss. It was greater than what I put in the spreadsheet, but only by $0.10. I had thought earlier today that I was off by $1. So I lost just $0.66 on the night. Could have been far worse.

No comments: