08 May 2008

Nothing of interest here

I was concerned enough about the massive multi-tabling slowdowns that I wrote PokerStars support about it. They replied that while it is technically within the rules for someone to take the full 25 seconds on every decision, if review of the records shows consistent long delays for simple decisions and the player in question is on multiple tables, they will contact the player and politely suggest they play fewer tables. So if the consistent long delays bug you, contact support and complain.

I also included my suggestion to have the client software monitor response times and refuse to allow additional tables to be opened if average response times are below some threshold.

While Questing last night there was an interesting incident. One hand folds to the SB, who completes, and the BB checks. Flop comes TTx. Some clown who folded types into chat, "Figures. I folded T2." I replied, "Thanks for discussing the hand while it's still live." (In retrospect, perhaps the sarcastic attitude would have best been left out. A simple, "Don't discuss while hand is live," might have been better.) He came back with something like, "You're welcome," and it kind of went downhill from there. What amazed me was him eventually turning it around as though the problem was me complaining rather than him cheating. My original intent was to simply remind him not to do that and then let it go, but his attitude annoyed me almost to the point of reporting it. I didn't, but I considered it.

Finished the night up a bit over $2, making up for most of the previous night's loss. The graph is starting to get a bit crowded and difficult to read when reduced for display on the blog. (Not that the original is all that much bigger.) I'm working on something that will be more of a summary graph.

Update: I modified the graph to show weekly bankroll status rather than session by session results. Close inspection (probably with a magnifying glass) will show the dates are not continuous. I did not include data for the weeks when I didn't play. At least the bankroll data points should be easier to read on this one, even if the dates are illegible.

No comments: