19 May 2008

TheWeekend

Saturday was Dr. Pauly's PLO tournament. I monied last week, so I was looking forward to having another go. Unfortunately, real life intervened. About 15 minutes in to the tournament I had visitors and had to sit out. By the time the visitors left I was down to crumbs. I pushed it all in before the blinds took it. No joy.

Saturday night The Quest made a very decent score, finishing the night up $4.84. It may not sound like much, but that's over 9% of the bankroll at the start of the day. I recall there being a couple big moves that worked well.

Sunday I again played the Britbloggerment. Things moved a bit faster this week, it taking only 50 minutes to make the final table instead of 80 minutes. I got off to a slow start, but at least I didn't need to dig myself out of a huge hole like last week.

When we got to the bubble, the cards completely dried up. By this time it wasn't exactly a tea party, so I either had to be first to push with total garbage or just keep folding and hope for the best. By the time I finally got dealt QJo, they looked like just one step below AA, so I pushed. Unfortunately, somebody with AJo called. Neither of us improved and I went home as bubble boy.

During Sunday night's Quest I was beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have just taken the night off. My play was mostly spot on. I think I only made one semi-serious mistake. But the suckouts were terrible. I recall one that went exactly as I'd planned, the other guy pushing all-in, me making the call and having him beat, him hitting his 3-outer at the river. I had to reload after that one.

I got most of it back on a suckout that went in my favor, though I comfort myself knowing the idiot should have never made the call pre-flop, so it was really his fault. (Pretty good rationalization, eh?) I mean, seriously, who calls a 3BB pre-flop raise with Q8o? That's just stupid.

At any rate, the suckout got me almost even. A couple good hands right before I quit gave me a $0.41 profit on the night. The bankroll now stands at $56.72. Yellow zone here I come! The graph doesn't yet reflect these numbers. It will be updated after tomorrow's play.

1 comment:

Pauly said...

Hope to see you this weekend!